Might I bring your attention to the Jeep Compass, a FWD cute-ute (remember cute-utes?). Styling themes seem to have gone straight from one to the other...
Notice the design similarities:
- Headlights at the leading edge of a tunnel that reaches back along the hoodline
- Squared off wheel openings. There is a complete posting on squared off wheel openings somewhere in the future of this blog...
- The dip on the doors under the windows on the Nash are enlarged all the way down the side of the Jeep, nearly to the rocker panel
- The reverse angle used at the C-pillar, while used in a different way is there
- Bumpers fared into bulges in the fenders
- The Compass even tries to look like a 2-door, hiding the rear door handles in a very Pathfinderish way
- and the parking lights/turn signals on the Nash becomes the fog lights on the Jeep.